All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the gut-wrenching stories of patients told by psychologist Caroline Sakai in this riveting book, you'll see the full range of human misery and how it can be overcome. Stories range from that of Josh, suicidal after fighting depression for years to Angelique, whose entire village was slaughtered during the Rwandan gecide. Yet both Josh and Angelique, as well as two dozen others whose cases are told in fascinating detail, recovered completely. The remarkable cure that worked so well for them is called Thought Field Therapy or TFT. It's often called tapping since it involves tapping with the fingertips on acupuncture points. A recent group of studies has shown that TFT is phemenally effective at treating the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions. Caroline Sakai has conducted much research into TFT, including several randomized controlled trials. She provides an expert introduction to tapping for beginners, as well as concluding with a section that shows professionals how to get the best results from TFT. It shows how TFT can promote post-traumatic growth, the personal transformation that can result from traumatic experiences. It also shows how TFT can be used to promote resilience, the quality that enables us to recover from life's inevitable challenges.
- Author BiographyCaroline Sakai PhD has been an authorized trainer of Callahan Techniques Thought Field Therapy and conducting professional courses for health professionals since 1998. Caroline Sakai was Chief Clinical Therapist at Kaiser Behavioral Health Services, and retired after 31 years. She is also an EMDR facilitator and is now in full-time private practice.
- Author(s)Caroline Sakai
- PublisherEnergy Psychology Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Rosa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnergy Psychology Press
- Weight1405 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.