All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to overcome your feelings of paraia 'This is the definitive practical guide from the leaders in the field on a hugely important topic. Written in an engaging, easy-to-understand style, the book tells how new research on paraia is revealing how best to overcome it. The first edition helped many thousands of sufferers and the second edition promises even more.' Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psychology, University of Oxford, co-author of Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World Do you feel as if others are out to get you? Research shows that 20-30 percent of people in the UK frequently have paraid or suspicious thoughts about other people. These feelings can make life a misery. In this fully revised and expanded new edition, the authors explain how cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) techniques can be used to treat this disorder by changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour and thought. 'The authors of this excellent and timely book have played a major role in developing our understanding of how suspicious thoughts arise and, crucially, how we can learn to cope with them.' Nicholas Tarier, Professor of Clinical Psychology, Manchester University Overcoming self-help guides use clinically proven CBT techniques to treat long-standing and disabling conditions, both psychological and physical. Many guides in the Overcoming series are recommended by the Department of Health under the Books on Prescription scheme.
- Author BiographyDaniel Freeman (Author) Daniel Freeman is Professor of Clinical Psychology and a National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Professor in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford Jason Freeman (Author) Jason Freeman is an experienced writer and editor. Philippa Garety (Author) Philippa Garety is Professor of Clinical Psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King's College London.
- Author(s)Daniel Freeman,Jason Freeman,Philippa Garety
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleOvercoming Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 b/w integrated illustrations
- Weight255 g
- Width200 mm
- Height167 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.