All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionPost-traumatic stress disorder affects every sufferer in a different way. A veteran who committed atrocities during war may t benefit from cognitive treatments in the same way a victim of sexual assault might. For each type of trauma, there is an appropriate type of treatment-and the best treatment may t lie entirely within one therapeutic modality. Written by a psychologist who specializes in trauma, this book combines the best of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT). It offers the best skills for specific symptoms so readers get the quickest relief from flashbacks, insomnia, and other symptoms, and so will have the best chance of recovery.
- Author BiographySheela Raja, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and assistant professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She completed internship and post-doctoral training at the National Centre for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Boston, MA, and has published numerous articles exploring the relationship between physical health and traumatic events. Raja has a passion for making evidence-based psychology accessible and is a frequent contributor to various print and national television media outlets.
- Author(s)Sheela Raja
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight408 g
- Width204 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.