All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA substance abuse problem exists when one experiences any type of difficulty related to using alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs including illicit street drugs or prescribed drugs such as painkillers or tranquilisers. The difficulty can be in any area of life: medical or physical, psychological, family, interpersonal, social, academic, occupational, legal, financial, or spiritual. The expanded new edition of this successful Workbook provides the reader with practical information and skills to help them understand and change a drug or alcohol problem. Designed to be used in conjunction with counselling or therapy, it focuses on special issues involved in stopping substance abuse and in changing behaviours or aspects of one's lifestyle that keep the substance use problem active. The information presented is derived from a wealth of research studies, and discusses the most effective recovery strategies from the examination of cognitive-behavioural treatment, coping skills training, and relapse prevention. In addition to addressing substance use problems, the recovery process, the relapse process, types of professional treatments available, and self-help groups, this expanded edition also includes a new chapter on the management of a co-occuring psychiatric disorder.
- Author BiographyDaley has over 240 publications, including clinican treatment manuals, family and client educational books, workbooks, and videotapes on recovery from alcohol and drug problems, recovery from psychiatric disorders, recovery from dual disorders, and relapse prevention. He was the first professional in the US to publish interactive workbooks on co-occurring disorders, and one of the first to publish similar materials on recovery from addiction. Dr Daley's treatment models and recovery materials are used in numerous substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment programs throughout the US and other countries. Marlatt is a Fellow of both the American Psycholocial Association and the American Psychological Society, and is a former president of the Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy. He served as a member of the National Advisory Council on Drug Abuse at the National Institute on Drug Abuse from 1996 to 2002, and served on the National Advisory Council on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Subcommittee on College Drinking from 1998 to 2001.
- Author(s)Dennis C. Daley,G. Alan Marlatt
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication13/07/2006
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleTreatments That Work
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteSome line drawings and tables
- Weight524 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.