All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an essential companion for undergraduate students studying Ovid and this popular epic Latin poem. Perhaps other classical text has proved its versatility so much as Ovid's epic poem. A staple of undergraduate courses in Classical Studies, Latin, English, and Comparative Literature, Metamorphoses is arguably one of the most important, canical Latin texts and certainly among the most widely read and studied. Ovid's Metamorphoses: A Reader's Guide is the ideal companion to this epic classical text offering guidance on: literary, historical, and cultural context; key themes; reading the text; reception and influence; and further reading. Continuum Reader's Guides are clear, concise and accessible introductions to key texts in literature and philosophy. Each book explores the themes, context, criticism, and influence of key works, providing a practical introduction to close reading, guiding students towards a thorough understanding of the text. They provide an essential, up-to-date resource, ideal for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyGenevieve Liveley is Lecturer in Classics at the University of Bristol. Her research and teaching interests are in Latin literature and culture, gender and sexuality, critical theory, and the classical tradition.
- Author(s)Genevieve Liveley
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleReader's Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.