Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree baby owls, Sarah, Percy and Bill, wake up one night in their hole in a tree to find that their mother has gone. So they sit on a branch and wait. Darkness gathers and the owls grow anxious, wondering when their mother will return. But, at last, she does, and they bounce up and down with joy, welcoming her home. Martin Waddell has won The Smarties Book Prize for Can't You Sleep Little Bear? in 1988. Farmer Duck was shortlisted for the Emil/Kurt Maschler Award in 1991, as was The Hidden House in 1990, having won the award in 1989 for A Park in the Dark . Rosies Babies won the Best Book for Babies Award in 1990, and was also shortlisted for the 1991 Kate Greenaway Medal. Other titles include The Tough Princess , Let's Go Home , Little Bear , Amy Said , Once There Were Giants , We Love Them , The Happy Hedgehog Band , Squeak-A-Lot , The Toymaker , The Pig in the Pond and Sailor Bear .
- Author BiographyBorn in Belfast, Martin Waddell was an aspiring football player for many years, before turning his hand to writing. He is now widely regarded as one of the greatest living children's writers, and has over 220 published titles to his name. He is perhaps best known for Owl Babies, illustrated by Patrick Benson and Farmer Duck, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury; as well as the 1989 Kurt Maschler Award-winning The Park in the Dark and the Little Bear series, both illustrated by Barbara Firth. In 2004, Martin received the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for his lasting contribution to children's literature, the highest career recognition available to a writer or illustrator of children's books. He lives in Newcastle, County Durham.
- Author(s)Martin Waddell
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1994
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight170 g
- Width261 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patrick Benson
- Interest AgeFrom 3 years
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $9.84Trending at AU $12.97
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.87Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $18.74Trending at AU $20.00
- AU $7.27Trending at AU $11.58
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $23.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.