All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionOwls are enduringly popular birds, but due to their cturnal habits most species are difficult to see well. The plumages of many species are cryptic and difficult to separate by plumage alone. This problem is compounded by the different morphs that many adopt. This book fully describes every kwn species and subspecies of owl, as well as presenting the latest evidence on owl taxomy, based on DNA work and vocalisations. Because voice is vital in owl identification, much emphasis is placed on it in the book and sograms are provided for many species.
- Author BiographyProfessor Claus Konig is a world authority on owls. He has written numerous papers on the subject and has described several new species of owls. He retired as Director of the Natural History Museum in Stuttgart. Friedhelm Weick is a professional bird artist with a particular interest in owls and raptors, who has illustrated many books on birds.
- Author(s)Claus Konig,Freidhelm Weick,Jan-Hendrik Becking
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleHelm Identification Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note68 colour plates
- Weight1454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Illustrator(s)Friedhelm Weick
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.