All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOxford Assess and Progress is a new and unique revision resource for medical students. Written and edited by subject and assessment experts the series provides a wealt of popular assessment questions and extra features to be truly fit for purpose and assessment success! Medical students will benefit from a comprehensive selection of Single Best Answer questions and Extended Matching Questions designed to test understanding and application of core medical science topics. Well illustrated, many assessment items are image based to prepare students for such exam questions. Chapter introductions provide a helpful quick overview of each topic. Ideal companions to the best-selling Oxford Handbooks, these excellent self-assessment guides can also be used entirely independently. Oxford Assess and Progress: Medical Sciences doesn't simply reveal the correct or wrong answer. Readers are directed to further revision material via detailed feedback on why the correct answer is best, and references to the Oxford Handbook of Medical Sciences and resources such as medical science textbooks. Each question is rated out of four possible levels of difficulty, from medical student to junior doctor. Carefully compiled and reviewed to ensure quality, students can rely on the Oxford Assess and Progress series to prepare for their exams.
- Author BiographyDr Jade Chow is the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education, St George's, University of London and Chair of the Undergraduate Medical and Bioscience Committee. She is responsible for the three MBBS courses at SGUL, Biomedical Science, Intercalated BSc and Biomedical Informatics courses. Jade has extensive experience and expertise in assessment having been Chief Examiner in the written Final examinations at St George's for over 10 years and having played a pivotal role in the design of the overall assessment strategy. Dr Chow is an active practising histopathologist and is currently a Regional Specialist Advisor for Histopathology for the Royal College of Pathologists and Examiner for Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists. Dr John Patterson is an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Medical Education at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. John formerly taught Physiology for 30 years and was three times elected 'best preclinical teacher'. Formerly Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Studies he oversaw a revision of assessment structures across the programmes. As Head of Assessment he had oversight of the design, delivery and analysis of all MBBS examinations and he also acted as Chair of the University of London Medical Extended Matching Question Bank. Dr Katharine Boursicot is a Reader in Medical Education and Deputy Head of the Centre for Medical and Healthcare Education at St George's, University of London. Previously she was Head of Assessment at Barts and The London, and Associate Dean for Assessment at Cambridge University School of Clinical Medicine. She is consultant on assessment to several UK medical schools, Royal Medical Colleges and international institutions as well as the General Medical Council PLAB Part 2 Panel and Fitness to Practise clinical skills testing. Dr David Sales is a general practitioner by training who has been involved in medical assessment for over 20 years, having previously been convenor of the MRCGP knowledge test. He has run item writing workshops for a number of undergraduate medical schools, medical royal colleges and internationally. For the General Medical Council currently he chairs the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board Part 1 panel and is their consultant on fitness to practise knowledge testing.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Assess and Progress
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note100 line drawings, ECGs and photos
- Weight236 g
- Width98 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJade Chow,John Patterson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.