All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnne wishes her bright red hair was a beautiful auburn (t the green she accidentally dyed it). She dreams of pretty dresses and eating fancy cakes (made with all the right ingredients instead of the medicine she accidentally used). And she's determined to beat Gilbert Blythe to be top of the class (and doesn't care one bit how handsome he is). But most of all, she wants to stay at Green Gables forever, with her very best friend, Diana. With friendship, family, catastrophes, and romance; come and meet the girl who's full of fun! Oxford Children's Classics present t only the original and unabridged adventure of Anne of Green Gables, but also help you discover a whole new world of heart-warming, fun stories, with an amazing assortment of recommendations and activities.
- Author Biography<strong>Lucy Maud Montgomery</strong>, known as Maud, was born in 1874 on Prince Edward Island, Canada, where <em>Anne of Green Gables</em> is set. Maud's mother died when she was just a baby and so Maud was brought up by her strict grandparents. She became a teacher, and although she didn't enjoy, it gave her lots of time to write. She had her first poem published at the age of 15, and went on to write hundreds of short stories, poems, and novels throughout her life. <em>Anne of Green Gables</em> was published in 1908 and was an immediate success. She died in 1942.
- Author(s)L. M. Montgomery
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight310 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.59Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.