All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe three Oxford Guides to Chaucer are written by scholars of international repute, with the purpose of summarizing what is kwn about his work and offering interpretations based on recent advances in both historical kwledge and theoretical understanding. Barry Windeatt's contribution to the series offers students the most comprehensive introduction to Troilus and Criseyde yet produced. It includes the fullest and most convenient account of Chjauser's use of sources, the first exteded analysis of the poem's generic originality, and an invaluable commentary on all aspects of the poem that is Chaucer's most ambitious single achievement - its structure, themes, characterization, and style. It also contains a survey of literary responses to Troilus in the three centuries following Chaucer's death. Combining the informative substance of a reference book with the coherence of a critical reading, the Guide has taken its place as the standard introduction to Troilus and Criseyde.
- Author BiographyBarry Windeatt is editor of the Longman edition of Troilus and Criseyde. He had translated and edited The Book of for Penguin and co-edited Chaucer Traditions: Studies in Honour of Derek Brewer (CUP, 1990).
- Author(s)Barry Windeatt
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford Guides to Chaucer
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Notehalftones, tables
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.