All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis bestselling Oxford Handbook has been thoroughly revised for the new edition to include brand new chapters on Paediatric Orthopaedics and Common Surgical Procedures, as well as new presentations, illustrations, and new anatomy and emergency indexes to aid quick reference. It is an invaluable tool for junior surgical trainees, medical students, nursing, paramedical, and rehabilitation staff. The handbook covers the assessment and preparation of the patient, anaesthesia and critical care, inflammation, wound healing and infection, and the key components of general surgical practice, as well as chapters on other surgical specialties, including plastic, paediatric, and orthopaedic surgery. There are step-by-step descriptions of common operative surgical techniques, practical hints and procedures, and information on signs, symptoms and rarities. Emergency presentations are clearly identified for rapid reference and investigations and management plans are set out in a clear and easy-to-follow way. Surgically relevant anatomy and physiology has been expanded for each area, quick reference symbols ensure the reader is guided to key facts, and there is an increased focus on evidence-based practice with key references throughout. A cut above the rest, this is the essential guide to clinical surgery and the surgical specialities.
- Author BiographyMr Neil Borley trained at Guy's Hospital Medical School, Cambridge, Canterbury and Oxford. He is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon with an interest in the education and training of undergraduate and postgraduate students of basic sciences and surgery. He is also an examiner in surgery.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- FormatPart-work (fasc�lo)
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note47 black and white line drawings
- Weight418 g
- Width108 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGreg McLatchie,Joanna Chikwe,Neil Borley
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.