All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of the Oxford Handbook of General Practice is available to purchase in a pack with the third edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Immulogy and Allergy, offering complimentary content from both handbooks at a discounted price. Fully revised to reflect the new changes to the GP contract and the GP curriculum, the fourth edition of the best-selling Oxford Handbook of General Practice is a practical guide to all aspects of general practice; from vital clinical information to valuable practical guidance from experienced GPs. This is the essential guide for all those working in general practice. Comprehensively covering everything a doctor needs to work in, or manage, a GP practice, the fourth edition ensures readers are always up-to-date with the latest guidelines, the most recent protocols, and cutting-edge clinical information. With concise, bullet-point information the chapters are w colour-coded to ensure the reader can find vital emergency or clinical information without delay. Fully illustrated, and packed with even more figures, diagrams, management boxes, and tables to improve ease-of-reference, the reader will always have the vital information they need at their fingertips. The third edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Immulogy and Allergy is a unique, practical, and clinically relevant guide for clinicians and laboratory staff to assist with the diagsis and management of immulogical/allergic disease, and the correct selection and interpretation of immulogical tests. Now fully updated for the third edition, the handbook has been expanded to include the latest developments, drugs, diagstic tests, and therapy options in the field. With concise, bullet-point coverage of the entire breadth of immulogical and allergic disease, the third edition has been specially written to ensure the information you need is always at your fingertips. The first section covers clinical diseases, giving guidance on test selection and interpretation for both diagsis and monitoring. The second section covers diagstic tests, summarizing the methodology and pros and cons of each. Expertly written, reviewed by specialists, and fully up-to-date, you can be sure that the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Immulogy and Allergy provides all the vital information you will need to assist you in effective practice.
- Author BiographyChantal Simon is a General Practitioner at Banks and Bearwood Medical Practice, Bournemouth, Dorset, UK and the Executive Editor of InnovAiT. Hazel Everitt is a Clinical Lecturer in Primary Care at Southampton University, UK. Francoise van Dorp is a General Practitioner in Brentford, Essex, UK. Having studied at Grenoble University, St. John's College, Cambridge, and St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, she has worked as a General Practitioner Registrar across a range of specialties, including palliative care, acute general psychiatry and paediatrics. Matt Burkes is a GP Registrar at Flansham Park Health Centre, Bognor Regis, UK. Prior to moving into General Practice he was a Research Fellow at the School of Psychology, University of Reading. He has a wide range of clinical interest, including paediatrics, psychiatry dermatology, minor surgery and joint injection. Gavin Spickett trained in Oxford and carried out research for his DPhil at the MRC Cellular Immunology Unit. He then completed his medical training in Ipswich before moving to the Clinical Research Centre, working with Dr. David Webster on primary immunodeficiency diseases. He completed his senior registrar training in Oxford with professor Helen Chapel before taking up his present post in Newcastle, where he has led the clinical immunology and allergy service and the regional immunology laboratory for 20 years.
- Author(s)Chantal Simon,Gavin Spickett,Hazel Everitt,Matthew Burke
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight916 g
- Width102 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine60 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.