All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of Reproductive Medicine and Family Planning, second edition provides essential practical information in the care of the adolescent and reproductive age females and males. Evidence-based and concise, this handbook is the must-have resource for all practitioners, trainees, and students in sexual and reproductive healthcare. Fully updated for the second edition, this handbook w contains additional practical guidance, algorithms and diagrams, a new chapter on recurrent miscarriage, as well as expanded informaiton on topics such as PCOs and hirsuitism. It follows chrological age up to the mepause, covering areas such as the reproductive system, puberty, the menstrual cycle, contraceptive methods, and infertility. This is the essential guide to all aspects of reproductive medicine, family planning and sexual health, providing all the vital information the reader needs.
- Author BiographyEnda McVeigh is Senior Fellow in Reproductive Medicine at the University of Oxford, Consultant Gynaecologist at theJohn Radcliffe Hospital, and Medical Director at the Oxford IVF Unit John Guillebaud is Emeritus Professor of Family Planning and Reproductive Health, University College London. He was born at Buye, Burundi, brought up in Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya, and continues to make regular training and support visits for healthcare professions in Africa (Central and South). He is Ex-Medical Director, at Margaret Pyke Centre for Study and Training in Family Planning. He is currently Research Director at the Elliot-Smith Clinic, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, where in addition to having performed c 5000 vasectomies he is involved in studies of the world's first non-hormonal male pill producing a semen-free orgasm - potentially reducing male-to-female HIV transmission. He is author/co-author of c 300 publications on environmental sustainability, reproductive health and population, contraception for women and for men, and of eight books which are available in 10 languages including Bulgarian and Japanese. Professor Homburg is an obstetrician and gynaecologist who specialises in reproductive medicine. As a fertility specialist, Professor Homburg has a worldwide reputation having published 200 research articles and chapters in books and has written or edited seven books. He has been invited to lecture in all five continents at frequent intervals and has won prizes for his research at the British Fertility Society, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) and the Israel Fertility Society (3 times). He has served as an Associate Editor for Human Reproduction and presently for Human Reproduction Update. Professor Homburg's main interests and speciality are the treatment of infertility in general, polycystic ovary syndrome, ovulation induction, ovarian stimulation and IVF.
- Author(s)Enda McVeigh,John Guillebaud,Roy Homburg
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- FormatPart-work (fasc�lo)
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note54 black and white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width108 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.