All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis wonderful selection of photographs illustrates the rich history of one of Britain's most famous cities. It provides a comprehensive guide to Oxford's past, using rare images of the city to bring a bygone era to life. Focusing on the wonderful architecture that has existed for centuries, yet remains just as impressive today, Oxford's picturesque landscape is magnificently portrayed. Many of Oxford's celebrated landmarks, including the famous university buildings and the historic Broad Street, are fully explored by over 200 vintage photographs and postcards. These are accompanied by informative and revealing captions which provide little kwn information about the characters responsible for the development of Oxford up until the present day. From the author of Tolkien's Oxford , this collection will delight both residents and visitors alike as they discover the history of this fascinating city.
- Author BiographyRobert S. Blackham is a part-time assistant at Selly Manor Museum, Birmingham. A strong interest in the life of J.R.R. Tolkien led him to research the history of Oxford, and he has built up a large number of archive postcards of the city. He leads tours in and around Oxford, and lectures about Tolkien's time there. Robert's previous titles include The Roots of Tolkien's Middle-Earth, King's Heath High Street, and A Nostalgic Journey.
- Author(s)Robert S. Blackham
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight290 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.