All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of the Oxford International Student's Atlas is the ideal atlas for secondary school students. It includes stunning satelite images alongside mapping to aid understanding, country data, and easy-to-read colourful mapping, presented in an accessible visual layout based on research into how students use maps. It covers key themes such as earthquakes and volcaes, climate and climate change, ecomic activity, development, and globalisation. It provides comprehensive coverage of each continent and the world. It is the ideal atlas for students to use on exam courses, and is perfectly suited to Cambridge IGCSE(R) Geography and Cambridge International AS and A Level Geography courses. The Oxford International Student's Atlas is supported by the Oxford International Student's Atlas Skills Workbook - a fill-in skills workbook ideal for the classroom and homework.
- Author BiographyDr Patrick Wiegand taught in primary and secondary schools before being appointed to the School of Education at the University of Leeds where he trained teachers, taught on Masters' programmes and supervised PhD students. He became Head of Teacher Training at the University of Leeds and then Reader in Geography Education. He has researched children's thinking with maps and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) throughout his career and has published many books, chapters and research papers in this area including Learning and Teaching with Maps (Routledge, 2006). He was Chair of the Cartography and Children Commission of the International Cartographic Association, held a Leverhulme Research Fellowship in GIS in Education, and has served on the UK Committee for Cartography. He has always worked to improve the quality and usability of classroom teaching materials and has been Editorial Adviser for OUP atlases for 30 years.
- Author(s)Patrick Wiegand
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight554 g
- Width228 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.