Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth OxfordPoets anthology continues the aim stated in the first of the series, 'a desire to represent the best' of the new work associated with the OxfordPoets imprint. This latest collection is as varied and thought-provoking as the earlier books. Here are poets from a diversity of backgrounds and traditions, spanning ages, experiences and purposes. What they share is a commitment to the truth of their experience and an excitement with the possibilities of poetry. They often write at the point where the private and public worlds collide, but such serious concerns never preclude wit, imagination, an inventive flair for language. New writers, and writers who are already becoming recognised, are making compelling new poetry.
- Author BiographyDavid Constantine is a poet and a translator of Hoelderlin, Goethe, and Brecht. He is the editor for Modern Poetry in Translation and Something for the Ghosts, and his own Collected Poems was publishedin 2004. Bernard O'Donoghue is a teacher of medieval English at Wadham College andthe author of Here Nor There.
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/08/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byBernard O'Donoghue,David J. Constantine
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.