All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of the Oxford School Atlas includes country data and easy-to-read colourful mapping, presented in an accessible visual layout based on research into how students use maps. The atlas covers key curriculum themes such as earthquakes and volcaes, climate, ecomic activity, and development. It includes comprehensive coverage of the British Isles, and case studies of Italy, Kenya, Brazil, Japan, China, California, the Indian Ocean tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, and Antarctica. Also available:e-Atlas CD-ROM providing an interactive version of the atlas suitable for both individual study and whole-class display.
- Author BiographyDr Patrick Wiegand taught in primary and secondary schools before being appointed to the School of Education at the University of Leeds where he trained teachers, taught on Masters' programmes and supervised PhD students. He became Head of Teacher Training at the University of Leeds and then Reader in Geography Education. He has researched children's thinking with maps and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) throughout his career and has published many books, chapters and research papers in this area including Learning and Teaching with Maps (Routledge, 2006). He was Chair of the Cartography and Children Commission of the International Cartographic Association, held a Leverhulme Research Fellowship in GIS in Education, and has served on the UK Committee for Cartography. He has always worked to improve the quality and usability of classroom teaching materials and has been Editorial Adviser for OUP atlases for 30 years.
- Author(s)Patrick Wiegand
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's Maps & Atlases
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight700 g
- Width236 mm
- Height362 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.