Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionOxford Textbook of Clinical and Biochemical Disorders of the Skeleton 2 is a definitive reference providing comprehensive coverage of common polygenic and rare mogenic disorders, emphasizing new advances in bone cell biology and human skeletal disease. With an up-to-date account of common and rare metabolic disorders of the skeleton, including their causes, clinical aspects, and treatment, this book offers the reader clarity in the complex field of the molecular biology of the skeleton. Topics covered include bone biology and investigation, osteoporosis, osteomalacia and rickets, parathyroid bone disease, Paget disease, and the effects of malignancy on the skeleton. Newer metabolic bone disorders are also included, along with chapters on osteogenesis imperfecta, skeletal dysplasias, osteopetrosis and osteosclerosis, Marfan syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, fibrous dysplasia, and ectopic mineralisation. Essential for postgraduates and clinicians, this accessible and highly illustrated book provides a clear authoritative account of metabolic bone diseases in their widest sense. Bringing together considerable advances in the field, it discusses molecular causes and personal experiences of all disorders, ensuring a comprehensive and didactic reference. Enriched with over 100 new illustrations and revised chapters to reflect a rapidly developing field, this second edition will be indispensable for those who look after patients with metabolic bone disease, including general physicians, rheumatologists, endocrilogists, and orthopaedic surgeons, along with paediatricians and geneticists. This print edition of The Oxford Textbook of Clinical and Biochemical Disorders of the Skeleton comes with a year's access to the online version on Oxford Medicine Online. By activating your unique access code, you can read and antate the full text online, follow links from the references to primary research materials, and view, enlarge and download all the figures and tables. Oxford Medicine Online is mobile optimized for access when and where you need it.
- Author BiographyRoger Smith is an Honorary Consultant Physician at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford. Paul Wordsworth is a Professor of Rheumatology at the University of Oxford and an Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford. Professor Wordsworth qualified in medicine from Westminster Hospital, University of London in 1975 and has worked in Oxford since 1980, initially as Senior Registrar in Rheumatology and Rehabilitation and subsequently as a Research Fellow in the Nuffield Departments of Pathology and Medicine. He was appointed Clinical Reader in Rheumatology in 1992 and was awarded a personal chair in 1998. He won the Michael Mason prize from the British Society of Rheumatology.
- Author(s)Paul Wordsworth,Roger Smith
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteover 400 illustrations
- Weight1492 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.