All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Textbook of Medicine is the foremost international textbook of medicine. Unrivalled in its coverage of the scientific aspects and clinical practice of internal medicine and its subspecialties, it is a fixture in the offices and wards of physicians around the world. More comprehensive, more authoritative, and more international than any other textbook, it focuses on offering practical guidance on clinical management and the prevention of disease. Three introductory chapters, On being a patient; Modern Medicine; and Global patterns of disease and medical practice, outline a philosophy which has always characterised the Oxford Textbook of Medicine. It is humane, thought-provoking, and aims to instil in readers an understanding of the role of medicine in society, and the contribution it can make to the health of populations. As always, there is detailed coverage of all areas of internal medicine. The integration of basic science and clinical practice is unparalleled, and throughout the book the implications of research for medical practice are explained. The core clinical medicine sections offer in-depth coverage of the traditional specialty areas. The Oxford Textbook of Medicine has unsurpassed detail on infectious diseases: the most comprehensive coverage to be found in any textbook of medicine. Other sections of te include pain; bioterrorism and forensic medicine; medical disorders in pregnancy; travel and expedition medicine; nutrition; the use of stem cells; regenerative medicine; and psychiatry and drug related problems in general medical practice. The section on acute medicine is designed to give rapid access to information when it is needed quickly. In response to detailed research, there have been substantial changes to ensure that the Oxford Textbook of Medicine continues to meet the needs of its readers. New chapter summaries give accessible overviews of the content. All 2,500 illustrations and photographs are w in full colour, and a new design ensures that the textbook is easy to read and navigate. The evidence-base and references have been entirely overhauled. And w, for the first time, the Oxford Textbook of Medicine is available in an online edition. All individual purchasers of the book will get 6 months free access to the online version, which contains the full text, figures and illustrations. It has a clear and easy-to-use interface, with excellent navigation and search and browse options. In addition, the online edition facilitates links to sources of related and further reading via PubMed, ISI and CrossRef. All the figures are downloadable into Powerpoint; an excellent tool when preparing presentations and lecturers.
- PrizesShortlisted for FutureBook Digital Innovation Awards: Best Content Innovation 2011.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2010
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Textbook
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date10/03/2017
- Content NoteMore than 2500 illustrations and photographs
- Weight13959 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine222 mm
- Edited byDavid A. Warrell,John D. Firth,Timothy M. Cox
- Contained items statement3 Multiple copy packs
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.