All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionSince its humble beginnings as a ford for oxen across the river Thames in the tenth century, Oxford has been an inspiration to generations of writers and thinkers, who have admired its `dreaming spires' (Matthew Arld), or warned of its excesses, as did Anthony Trollope: `Oxford is the most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent'. This compact gift book is packed full of witty, scandalous and entertaining quotations about this famous city from the Middle Ages to the current decade.
- Author BiographyViolet Moller is a freelance writer and researcher with a PhD in early modern libraries and knowledge. She is the co-author of The Curious World of Dickens.
- PublisherThe Bodleian Library
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleIn Quotations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodleian Library
- Width88 mm
- Height115 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.