CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOn the understanding that few people ever read the preface to any book and also on the understanding that even those few people who do read the preface realize that virtually thing of any substance is ever said, I shall write at such length as will be proportional to my expected readership. The meetings of the International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue provide a forum for discussion amongst scientists who, although being from very diverse and specialized backgrounds, have tissue oxygenation as a unifying theme of interest. The wide variety of research material presented in this volume and the multiplicity of the experimental techniques described, should serve as an adequate gauge to the range of expertise and kwledge of the society's members. Such diversity should also stress the importance of the need for multidisciplinary approaches to complex biological problems. In attempting a fundamental characterization of a biological process such as tissue oxygenation, the application of very many separate research skills are necessary, such as mathematics, engi- neering, biophysics, biochemistry, physiology, histology and clini- cal medicine. The success of the ISOTT has - and we hope - will con- tinue to be causing a combination of individuals to direct their specialized kwledge to the many facets of a single proces- tissue oxygenation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number169
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note122 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1790 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byD. W. Lubbers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.