All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionBivalve molluscs are scientifically and ecomically important invertebrates. Among them, oysters and clams dominate other species with respect to global distribution and aquaculture production. Recently, with research advancements in farming techlogy, environmental monitoring and disease control, as well as the diversification of cultured species, new findings and outcomes have emerged. This book presents a compilation of the latest research on oyster and clam culture, including aspects of ecological distribution and management, disease, physiological responses to environmental stressors or host-pathogen interactions, in most cases from a multidisciplinary approach.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jesus L Romalde has been involved in research in microbiology of aquatic organisms for over 25 years, including different aspects of bacterial and viral pathogens. He was appointed Full Professor of Microbiology in 2010, being a world leader in bacterial taxonomy of fish and shellfish microorganisms. Since 1987, he has participated in 38 founded R+D projects from public calls, being the principal investigator in 15 of them. In addition, he has been involved in more than 20 industry-funded projects, being the scientist in charge in 10 of them. He has co-authored 211 publications (171 research papers and 40 book chapters and monographies) and has presented 25 invited talks. He has directed 12 Ph.D. thesis and 20 Master research projects. Between 2012 and 2014, he holded the position of Vice-rector for Degrees and Teaching and Research Staff of the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain).
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.