All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionStraight from the headlines of today's news, here is the story of the discovery of an ecological catastrophe - a disaster caused by man-made chemicals in the stratosphere that today are destroying the shield of ozone gas that protects the earth from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. An incisive look at one of the planet's most pressing ecological concerns, it tells the story of the discovery of ozone depletion, the fight to ban chloroflurocarbons (CFCs) and future prospects and progses.
- Author BiographySHARON L. ROAN is a reporter for The Los Angeles Times and winner of the American Public Health Association's Ray Bruner Science Writing Fellowship. She has also received awards from the Florida Medical Association and the California Heart Association and has a degree in journalism from the University of Iowa.
- Author(s)Sharon L. Roan
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication11/10/1990
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleWiley science edition
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight392 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.