Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA tiny island in the Eastern Caribbean rises from the sea with its long dormant volca figuring prominently in its center. Some ten thousand souls of African descent inhabit this once unspoiled land of sun and sea. These children of the Diaspora have survived the Middle Passage and three centuries of harsh slavery as they worked the cane fields and cared for the master's every need. They have survived more than a hundred additional years of colonial rule during which they were free only to be poor. They have survived earthquakes and hurricanes and man-made disasters, the most important of which was the sinking of the ferry boat, the MV Christena. This is the story of a survivor, a story unique in its detail and universal in its demonstration of the resilience of the human spirit. This is the story of Oswald Tyson.
- Author BiographyOswald Ozzie Tyson was born on Nevis in 1959. When he was 11 years old, he survived the sinking of the ferryboat Christena, but he lost his mother, two younger brothers, a half-sister and several cousins. He lived on St. Croix for several years and spent some time in the States but he now lives full time on Nevis. This is his first attempt to record his dramatic life story.
- Author(s)MR Oswald Tyson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.