All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved British humorist P.G. Wodehouse produced a wealth of literature in his lengthy career, contributing vels, short stories, plays, lyrics and essays to the can of comic writing. His work in film and television included two stints as a screenwriter, and his stories have been the basis for more than 150 film and television productions. He also wrote several vels and essays about Hollywood, often satirizing the city and its entertainment magnates. This book studies P.G. Wodehouse's extensive, but often overlooked, relationship with Tinsel Town. The book is arranged chrologically, covering Wodehouse's Hollywood career from his early efforts in silent film, to his later contributions in television, to his work adapted posthumously for the screen. It includes a discussion of his internment in occupied France and how his brief appearances on German radio, which he intended as a way of communicating with concerned fans in America, led to his forced separation from his homeland and his assumption of American citizenship in 1955. Reflecting Wodehouse's international appeal, the book cites both British and American sources and explains differences between international anthologies, performances and broadcasts of his work. Also included are a comprehensive, detailed list of Wodehouse's stories and articles about Hollywood, and a complete filmography of motion picture and television works to which he contributed or which were based on his stories.
- Author Biography<b>Brian Taves</b> is the author of six books and more than 60 articles on popular culture and media. A film archivist for the Library of Congress, he lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Brian Taves
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotographs, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight322 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.