All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Plain-English Guide to Electronics and Current Flow for Every PCB Designer Today, PCB designers must deal with issues such as crosstalk and EMI--issues that were once associated only with components. This requires electronics kwledge that many PCB designers never gain through formal training. In PCB Currents, rewned PCB designer Douglas Brooks teaches these essentials descriptively, in plain English, with as little reliance on mathematics as possible. Building on his widely praised seminars, Brooks explains what current is, how it flows, and how it reacts. He begins by reviewing the nature of current, and then explains current flow in basic circuits, discusses sources that supply and drive current, and addresses the unique problems associated with current on PCBs. Brooks concludes by thoroughly illuminating signal integrity issues caused by current flow. He offers practical design solutions for each common type of problem, as well as for complex challenges involving very high frequency harmonics and very short wavelengths. Coverage includes * Current: its fundamental nature, basic definitions, and key concepts * Five fundamental laws of current, including Kirchoff's law and Ohm's law * Basic circuit concepts: resistive circuits, reactive circuits, and impedance * Voltage and current sources: Where electrons come from and why they move * Current-related PCB issues: temperature, transmission lines, reflections, coupled currents, power distribution, skin effect, dielectric losses, and vias * Solutions for signal integrity issues caused by current flow, from on-board inductance and apparent resistance changes to more complex problems The text is written to be accessible and valuable for PCB designers at all levels of experience, whether they have engineering training or t.
- Author BiographyDouglas Brooks has a B.S./E.E. and an M.S./E.E. from Stanford University and a Ph.D. from the University of Washington. He has had forty years of experience in the electronics industry, ranging from circuit design engineer on the space program to president of his own manufacturing company. For the past twenty years he has been president of UltraCAD Design, Inc., a premier PCB Design Service Bureau in the Pacific Northwest. Brooks has published hundreds of articles during his career. In the last twenty years, these articles have appeared in PCB Design Magazine, on Iconnect007's websites, on Mentor Graphics' web pages, and on UltraCAD's web pages. In 2003, he published the book Signal Integrity Issues and Printed Circuit Board Design (Prentice Hall). Brooks served on the faculty of San Diego State University for three years and was a visiting associate professor at the University of Washington for one year. He has given numerous seminars on Signal Integrity Issues in PCB Design over the past fifteen years all over the United States and in Moscow, Beijing and Shanghai, Taiwan, Japan, and Australia. Brooks finally retired in 2012.
- Author(s)Douglas Brooks
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight721 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.