All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have plenty of life experience, but t as much computer experience, this is your perfect Windows 8 PC guidebook! Paul McFedries explains all the basics in a friendly, relaxed tone that makes you feel at home, without ever patronizing you. Larger print and clear zoomed-in images help you quickly find what you're looking for, and get to the point immediately. Planning to buy a new computer? McFedries' easy, up-to-date Buyer's Guide will help you choose the right equipment at the right price. Already have your new computer? You'll find dozens of simple tips, tricks, and shortcuts for every aspect of living with it. Step by step, McFedries shows you how to easily organize and manage all your digital photos, music, and movies. You'll learn great new ways to work, learn, and play online...how to safely use Facebook and other social networks...and how to keep your computer secure and private. McFedries even teaches simple PC troubleshooting skills that could someday save you hundreds of dollars in repair costs! Why should kids have all the fun? Paul McFedries, president of Logophilia Limited, is a technical writer, passionate computer tinkerer, and Windows expert. He has authored or co-authored more than 70 computer books, selling more than 4 million copies worldwide. His most recent books include Using iPhone, Using the Microsoft Office Web Apps, My Office 2013 RT, and Windows 8 In Depth. He also runs wordspy.com, a website that tracks new words and phrases entering the English language.
- Author BiographyPaul McFedries is full-time technical writer and passionate computer tinkerer. He is the author of more than 80 computer books that have sold over four million copies worldwide. His recent titles include the Sams Publishing books Windows 7 Unleashed and Windows Home Server 2011 Unleashed and the Que Publishing books Windows 8 In Depth (coauthored with Brian Knittel), Formulas and Functions with Microsoft Excel 2013, Using iPhone, and Using the Microsoft Office Web Apps. Paul is also the proprietor of Word Spy (www.wordspy.com), a website devoted to tracking new words and phrases as they enter the English language. Paul's web home is at www.mcfedries.com, and he can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/paulmcf and twitter.com/wordspy.
- Author(s)Paul McFedries
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Out-of-print date09/02/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight602 g
- Width179 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.