All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet past all the hype about PHP and dig into the real power of this language. PHP: The Good Parts gives you look at the most useful features of this language, and explains how you can speed up the web development process with them. You'll learn why the most commonly used PHP features are often misused or misapplied, and which features add strength to object-oriented programming. You'll also focus on features that help you integrate your application with databases. PHP: The Good Parts is ideal for both new and experienced PHP programmers. If you're an experienced web developer using Java, Ruby, or ather language, you'll also benefit from this book, whether you're switching over to PHP or have inherited existing PHP code that you need to alter. No matter what your background in programming is, this is the 'go to' guide to help you hone your PHP skills.
- Author BiographyPeter MacIntyre lives and works in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. He has over 20 years of experience in the information technology industry, primarily in the area of software development. Peter's technical skill set includes several client/server tools and relational database systems such as PHP, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, Active Server Pages, and CA-Visual Objects. Peter is certified by ZEND Corporation on PHP 4.x and has contributed writing material for Using Visual Objects (Que Corp.), Using PowerBuilder 5 (Que Corp.), ASP.NET Bible (Wiley Pub.), and Web Warrior Survey on Web Development Languages (Course Technology). Most recently he has co-authored the Zend Studio for Eclipse Developer's Guide - Addison-Wesley. Peter is a former contributing editor and author to the on-line and in-print magazine called php|architect (www.phparch.com). He has also spoken several times at North American and International computer conferences including CA-World in New Orleans, USA; CA-TechniCon in Cologne, Germany; and CA-Expo in Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)Peter MacIntyre
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.