Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis hands-on book covers a series of exciting and fun projects with PIC microcontrollers. For example a silent alarm, a people sensor, a radar, a night buzzer, a VU meter, a RGB fader, a serial network, a poetry box and a sound super-compression. You can build over 50 projects for your own use. The clear explanations, schematics, and pictures of each project on a breadboard make this a fun activity. You can also use this book as a study guide. The technical background information in each project explains why the project is set up the way it is, including the use of datasheets. This way youll learn a lot about the project and the microcontroller being used, and you can expand the project to suit your own need ...making it ideal for use in schools and colleges. This book can also be used as a reference guide. The explanation of the JAL programming language and all of the expansion libraries used is unique and found where else. Using the index, you can easily locate projects that serve as examples for the main commands. But even after you have built all the projects it will still be a valuable reference guide to keep next to your PC. Four microcontrollers are discussed, the 12f675, 16f628, 16f876A, and 16f877, as well as how to migrate programs from one microcontroller to ather. All software used in this book can be downloaded for free, including all of the source code, a program editor, and the JAL open source programming language. This powerful and yet easy to learn language is used by hobbyists and professionals world-wide. A hardware kit is also available for purchase separately that contains all the parts to get you started, including a few microcontrollers. There is even a free support website with additional information, FAQ, and links.
- Author(s)Bert van Dam
- PublisherElektor Electronics Publishing
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationDorchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElektor Electronics Publishing
- Content Noteillus
- Weight726 g
- Width235 mm
- Height170 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.