All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an authoritative overview for anyone encountering Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) - a dysfunction of the automic nervous system resulting in diverse symptoms experienced in an upright position that are relieved by lying down - and other types of acquired dysautomia. It provides essential information on the symptoms, diagsis and treatment in children and young people. Post-viral syndromes can be extremely difficult to manage and the average individual spends two to three years accessing appropriate diagsis. This book provides necessary information for parents and healthcare professionals on identifying POTS and other post-viral dysautomia, the most common triggers, appropriate intervention and successful multi-disciplinary management in both short and long term situations. It also includes helpful tips and coping strategies for managing the syndrome at home and in educational and clinical settings.
- Author BiographyKelly McCracken Barnhill is Clinical Nutritionist and Director of Clinical Care at The Johnson Center for Child Health and Development. She has over a decade of experience working with nutrition in children with autism and related disorders and is Nutrition Director for the Autism Research Institute. Her son acquired post-viral dysautonomia at the age of 12. She is based in Austin, Texas.
- Author(s)Kelly McCracken Barnhill
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note10 black and white line figures + 10 black and white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byFletcher Barnhill
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.