All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.69Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionDulce et Decorum est... Popular movies have offered viewers a glimpse into the Vietnam War, but few address the reality of being a soldier in the conflict. Pachyderms is based on the true story of a soldier's experience during the unpopular police action. Young and anxious for a first military assignment, Dan Coobat is shocked to discover his first duty post is one to an aviation unit in a nexistent outfit. With overwhelming obstacles and little formal training, Danny and brothers set about to create the 312th Aviation Company. Danny quickly discovers: What the soldier sees (or hears) is NOT what the soldier gets. Eventually, Danny is faced with an even tougher battle... Coming back home to America. Editorial comments: brings...to life in a compelling and wonderful way A punches pulled look at Vietnam by a soldier in the rear. .. .a powerful and moving story on many levels. RECIPIENT OF THE READERS' FAVORITE AWARD FOR MILITARY FICTION
- Author BiographyDanny Buoy is the pseudonym of a real soldier who served in the Vietnam War. Danny was born, reared, and educated in Omaha, Nebraska. In 1966, the only college graduate in a family of nine, Danny found himself without a draft deferment. He decided to enlist rather than wait for his draft notice, and one year later his home was a tent in South Vietnam. Quite to his surprise, he had become a Flight Operations Specialist for a U.S. Army Chinook Helicopter Company, a rather unusual job for a soldier who had trained for the Infantry. When Danny arrived home in Nebraska, he discovered a nation that was unwilling to acknowledge his service in the very war they had sent him to fight. Pachyderms, his first novel, is his attempt to show a side of the Vietnam war that few Americans have ever seen.
- Author(s)Danny Buoy
- PublisherNavigator Pub.
- Date of Publication18/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNavigator Pub.
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.