All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive account to place the Pacific Islands, the Pacific Rim and the Pacific Ocean into the perspective of world history. A distinguished international team of historians provides a multidimensional account of the Pacific, its inhabitants and the lands within and around it over 50,000 years, with special attention to the peoples of Oceania. It providing chrological coverage along with analyses of themes such as the environment, migration and the ecomy; religion, law and science; race, gender and politics.
- Author BiographyDavid Armitage is the Lloyd C. Blankfein Professor of History at Harvard University, USA. He is the author of The Declaration of Independence: A Global History and Foundations of Modern International Thought, and co-editor of The British Atlantic World, 1500-1800, 2nd edition, and The Age of Revolutions in Global Context, c. 1760-1840. Alison Bashford is Vere Harmsworth Professor of Imperial and Naval History at the University of Cambridge, UK. She has taught Pacific and Australian history at the University of Sydney, Australia, and Harvard University, USA. She is the author of, most recently, Global Population: History, Geopolitics and Life on Earth, and co-editor of The Cambridge History of Australia.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight592 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAlison Bashford,Professor David Armitage
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.