All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom New York Times bestselling author Simon Winchester, author of Atlantic, a colorful and provocative exploration of the modern Pacific Ocean Winchester focuses on key moments since 1950 that speak to the greater trends and larger truths about the ocean's significance to us today. He leads us from the Bering Strait to Cape Horn, the Yangtze River to the Panama Canal, and to the many small islands that lie in between. Pacific also tells the story of the little transistor radio and how it sparked the digital revolution, from Japan to Silicon Valley, altering the ocean's destiny. Along the way, Winchester looks at the political turmoil in Australia, the relationship between the Koreas, and recent confrontations that engaged China and the United States. The Pacific, he says, is the ocean where, quite literally, East meets West... Calling upon Winchester's many journeys throughout the Pacific and its surrounding areas, his formidable historical understanding, and his singular talent for storytelling, Pacific is a paean to this magnificent sea of beauty and myth that has long captured the imagination.
- Author(s)Author and Historian Simon Winchester
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.57
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.51
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.43
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.91
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $51.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.