All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reprint of Churchill's classic writing on pacifism, with a new introduction from Derrick Jensen, this extraordinarily important book cuts to the heart of the fundamental question of whether violence is ever an acceptable tool to help bring about social change. He demystifies and deconstructs dogmatic pacifism - arguing t for blind, unthinking violence, but against blind, unthinking nviolence. Of interest to people on both sides of the argument, this work is great, clarifying writing on a key concept.
- Author BiographyWard Churchill (Keetoowah Cherokee) is professor of American Indian Studies and chair of the Department of Ethnic Studies at the University of Colorado/Boulder. A member of the leadership council of Colorado AIM, he is a past national spokesperson for the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee. A prolific writer and lecturer, he has authored, co-authored or edited more than 20 books. Mike Ryan is a Canadian activist who has been involved with the peace movement and civil disobedience for nearly 30 years. Derrick Jensen is one of the leading voices of cultural dissent. He is the author of over half a dozen books, often tackling themes of environmental sustainability and resistance.
- Author(s)Mike Ryan,Ward Churchill
- PublisherAK Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAK Press
- Weight190 g
- Width128 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.