Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionA piercing scream filled the mountain air freezing Dusty and Mike in their tracks. Spurring their horses into a full gallop, they headed straight for the trapper cabin at Sheep Lake. Dusty could only pray they weren't too late! Set in the modern day mountains of Washington state, Dusty Rose and his sidekick, Mike Dracopoulos, ride and pack their horses in the high country. Living in Eagleclaw, a small town on the outskirts of Seattle, Dusty has a law practice and Mike is his private investigator. With a bad divorce under his belt, he feels like he's pretty much got life figured out--until meeting the beautiful Cassie Martin in a Seattle courtroom and then high up on a trail in the Cascade Mountains. Cassie is a fiercely independent horsewoman and attorney. Dusty is drawn to her and isn't sure why, until their trails cross again in the middle of the Pasayten Wilderness. Cassie's quick thinking and courage come into play in a deadly confrontation and Dusty finds himself rethinking staying single all his life. What starts out as a summer visit to his Uncle's outfit, turns into a life and death struggle for survival in the high country. The mountains are a jealous mistress and although many come to enjoy the bounty-all are t allowed to leave.
- Author BiographyPowerful new novelist, Susie Drougas, and her own Greek packer, husband Mike. Susie has written a series of exciting new books set in the high country. She is a long-time court reporter in Eastern Washington and has been packing horses in the mountains for over 25 years. She is the mother of two grown daughters. She and her husband Mike are active members of the Back Country Horsemen of Washington. Susie is passionate about educating and sharing the beauty and bounty of riding and packing horses. She has effectively put us in the saddle to experience firsthand a rugged backcountry pack trip in the Pasayten Wilderness of Washington state with first novel, Pack Saddles and Gunpowder.
- Author(s)Susie Drougas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.