CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine 9e and the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery 4e are bundled together in a pack that represents excellent value. These bestselling handbooks serve as the ultimate guide to the practice and philosophy of medicine and provide an accessible overview of key surgical principles, techniques and procedure.Now in its ninth edition, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine continues to be the definitive pocket-friendly guide to medicine. The culmination over 25 years of experience at the bedside and in the community, this handbook is packed with practical advice, wit, and wisdom.The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine presents clinical information in a clear way that makes it easy to revise, remember, and implement on the ward. It gives reliable advice on what to do, when to do it, and how to do it, with clinical photographs and diagrams that bring theory to life. Uniquely for a medical text, this book weaves history, literature, art, and philosophy into its survey of medicine, casting new light on the specialties and encouraging the reader to see beyond the practical aspects of medicine and adopt a patient-centred approach to care.The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine looks better than ever, with a more modern design and over 600 colour images and illustrations. The History and Examination chapter has been completely revamped with systematic flowcharts and new illustrations so that it better reflects real bedside practice. The index, cross-references, and references have been overhauled to make them even easier to use. Every chapter has been written with supervision from experts in each field to ensure accuracy, and updated to reflect relevant guidelines from the NHS, NICE, the Resuscitation Council and other key professional bodies.Loved and trusted by generations of doctors, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine continues to be an indispensable companion for the practice of modern medicine.This bestselling Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery has been thoroughly revised for the new edition to include brand new chapters on Paediatric Orthopaedics and Common Surgical Procedures, as well as new presentations, illustrations, and new anatomy and emergency indexes to aid quick reference. It is an invaluable tool for junior surgical trainees, medical students, nursing, paramedical, and rehabilitation staff.The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery covers the assessment and preparation of the patient, anaesthesia and critical care, inflammation, wound healing and infection, and the key components of general surgical practice, as well as chapters on other surgical specialties, including plastic, paediatric, and orthopaedic surgery. There are step-by-step descriptions of common operative surgical techniques, practical hints and procedures, and information on signs, symptoms and rarities. Emergency presentations are clearly identified for rapid reference and investigations and management plans are set out in a clear and easy-to-follow way. Surgically relevant anatomy and physiology has been expanded for each area, quick reference symbols ensure the reader is guided to key facts, and there is an increased focus on evidence-based practice with key references throughout.A cut above the rest, this is the essential guide to clinical surgery and the surgical specialities.
- Author BiographyMurray Longmore is a GP working in Sussex, UK. Ian Wilkinson is Professor of Therapeutics, University of Cambridge, and Honorary Consultant Physician, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Cambridge, UK. Andrew Baldwin is a GP Registrar working in Sussex, UK. Elizabeth Wallin is a Specialist Registrar in Renal Medicine working in Cambridge, UK. Greg McLatchie is a Consultant Surgeon at Hartlepool General Hospital in Hartlepool, UK. Neil Borley is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Cheltenham General Hospital in Cheltenham, UK. Joanna Chikwe is an Associate Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, USA.
- Author(s)Andrew Baldwin,Ian Wilkinson,Murray Longmore
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Medical Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2017
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight890 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.