All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAs Internet traffic continues to grow exponentially, there is a great need to build Internet protocol (IP) routers with high-speed and high-capacity packet networking capabilities. The first book to explore this subject, Packet Forwarding Techlogies explains in depth packet forwarding concepts and implementation techlogies. It covers the data structures, algorithms, and architectures used to implement high-speed routers. Following an introduction to the architecture of IP routers, the author discusses how IP address lookup is one of the major bottlenecks in high-performance routers. He describes the characteristics of a routing table and addresses the difficulty of the longest-matching prefix search. The remainder of the book deals with fast IP address lookup. Coverage includes the various available architectures, data structures, and algorithms based on software and hardware as well as detailed discussions on state-of-the-art invations. With many illustrations, tables, and simulations, this practical guide to packet forwarding techlogies facilitates understanding of IP routers and the latest router designs.
- Author(s)Weidong Wu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2008
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note164 black & white illustrations, 82 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.