All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionPaediatric Biomechanics and Motor Control brings together the very latest developmental research using biomechanical measurement and analysis techniques and is the first book to focus on biomechanical aspects of child development. The book is divided into four main sections - the biological changes in children; developmental changes in muscular force production; developmental changes in the biomechanics of postural control and fundamental motor skills and finally the applications of research into paediatric biomechanics and motor control in selected clinical populations. Written by a team of leading experts in paediatric exercise science, biomechanics and motor control from the UK, the US, Australia and Europe, the book is designed to highlight the key implications of this work for scientists, educators and clinicians. Each chapter is preceded by a short overview of the relevant theoretical concepts and concludes with a summary of the practical and clinical applications in relation to the existing literature on the topic. This book is important reading for any sport or exercise scientist, health scientist, physical therapist, sports coach or clinician with an interest in child development or health.
- Author BiographyMark De Ste Croix PhD, is a Reader in Paediatric Sport and Exercise Physiology, Department of Sport and Exercise Science, University of Gloucestershire, UK. Thomas Korff PhD, is a Senior Lecturer in Biomechanics, Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance, Brunel University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 28 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMark De Ste Croix,Thomas Korff
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.