All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaediatric Dentistry, Fourth Edition combines in-depth theoretical information and practical clinical skills to produce a highly relevant resource for undergraduate dentistry students and indeed any clinician in the field. With a user-friendly design, this new edition continues the extensive use of key points, advice on further reading and directions to important evidence. As a result this text acts as both an essential study tool and a quick reference guide for the surgery. Paediatric Dentistry contains a comprehensive survey of every important aspect in the field, including oral pathology, prevention and treatment of dental caries, and restorative dentistry. This classic book w offers over 550 illustrations, including clinical photographs and information-packed diagrams. Explanations of key clinical procedures are supported by step-by-step illustrations encorporating photographs, x-ray scans and line drawings. Updated throughout, a new chapter on safeguarding children has also been included in order to prepare the reader for the role they might play in protecting the health and wellbeing of vulnerable children. This reflects the child-centred approach that is integrated throughout the text.
- Author BiographyRichard Welbury graduated from Newcastle University with BDS (Hons) in 1978 and MB BS in 1984. He then received a Ph.D. from Newcastle University on 'An evaluation of composite resins and glass polyalkenoate cements in Paediatric Dentistry'. In 1988 he was appointed Lecturer in Paediatric Dentistry at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and in 1991 he took up the post of Regional Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry at Newcastle Dental Hospital. In 2001 he was appointed to the Chair of Paediatric Dentistry at the University of Glasgow Dental School. In 2001-2002 he was President of the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry and 2006-2008 President of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry. Between 2003-2006 he was Chairman of the Standing Advisory Committee in Paediatric Dentistry of the combined Royal Colleges. Marie Therese Hosey is Head of Department of Paediatric Dentistry at King's. Graduating in Glasgow in 1985, she was among the few dentists in the United Kingdom with training in administering general anaesthesia. Her master's thesis focused on methods of evaluating the efficacy of conscious sedation in children. She completed both her higher specialist training in paediatric dentistry and her doctorate, which studied the effects of liver disease and transplantation on the oral tissues, in Birmingham, England. She moved to Glasgow in 1998 where she was appointed Senior Lecturer and later, Reader in Paediatric Dentistry. She is Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow and an examiner for the Intercollegiate Fellowship Specialty Examination in Paediatric Dentistry. She wrote the Royal College of Surgeons of England's clinical guideline on paediatric conscious sedation, and is a past council member of the Association of Dental Anaesthetists and the Dental Sedation Teachers Group. Professor Monty Duggal obtained his BDS from Patiala in 1983 and his MDS in Paediatric Dentistry in 1986. He then immigrated to the United Kingdom and obtained his FDSRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and his PhD from Leeds University. He joined Leeds Dental Institute as a Junior Lecturer in 1989 and is currently Professor and Head of Paediatric Dentistry. Professor Duggal has published over 65 research papers in international journals. He has obtained research grants to the total value of one million pounds. His an internationally respected scientist and clinician and is invited all over the world to give talks and courses on Paediatric Dentistry.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note450 illustrations
- Weight1158 g
- Width221 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMarie Therese Hosey,Monty S. Duggal,Richard Welbury
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.