All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook of paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition provides a concise overview of key topics in these three closely related specialties. This handbook is a practical reference manual, containing information on day-to-day management as well as background information on specific scenarios and conditions, for practitioners who regularly see children with common and rarer paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutritional problems. Pocket sized, and user friendly, it aims to be a ready source for medical staff in training, as well as more experienced colleagues, and other members of multidisciplinary teams such as specialist nurses, dieticians, and pharmacists. Information is provided in the form of bullet point list and tables, with reference to key articles for further reading, in addition to useful websites and contacts.
- Author BiographyDr Mark Beattie trained at the Medical College of St Bartholomew's Hospital, University of London qualifying in 1986. He passed his paediatric membership examinations in 1989 and was research fellow in Paediatric Gastroenterology from 1993-5. He was appointed as Consultant Paediatrician with an interest in paediatric gastroenterology in Peterborough in 1995 and subsequently as Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist in Southampton in 2000. His main clinical and research interest is the nutritional management of inflammatory bowel disease. Dr Beattie has an interest in medical education and has written several revision texts. He was the convener of the British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition 2002-2005. Dr Anil Dhawan is a consultant at the King's College Hospital, London. He is also the chairman of the ESPGHAN Committee of Hepatology, and is an Associate Editor of Pediatric Transplantation. Dr Puntis qualified in Southampton, and undertook postgraduate training in Birmingham where he developed an interest in clinical nutrition while a Lecturer based in the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham. He took up a Senior Lecturer's post in Leeds in 1990 and was appointed Director of Neonatology at the General Infirmary. Currently he works as a paediatric gastroenterologist and leads a multi-disciplinary Nutritional Support Team within the Children's Centre. Dr Puntis is regularly involved with teaching clinical nutrition to NHS staff and sits on a number of national and international nutrition committees. He supervises the home parenteral nutrition programme, and maintains an interest in nutritional support for the premature newborn.
- Author(s)Anil Dhawan,John W.L. Puntis,Mark Beattie
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2009
- FormatPart-work (fasc�lo)
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialist Handbooks in Paediatrics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note13 black and white line drawings and 69 black and white halftones
- Weight287 g
- Width109 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPlastic
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.