All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionLooking after children with life-limiting conditions can be very difficult for both the parents as well as the health care professionals who may only see a few cases in their career. Paediatric Palliative Care is full of easily-accesible, detailed information on medical conditions and symptoms and includes specific management plans. While the book encompasses symptom control, it also considers the philosophy and models that support delivery of palliative medicine to children, while also covering practical delivery of palliative medicine, relating to other professionals and to families, and the learning and coping skills required in palliative care. It also contains a quick-reference drug formulary. While specialization in paediatric palliative medicine is increasing, for most children with a life-limiting condition, the majority of their care is still provided by professionals without specialist training and care may come from a general paediatric or other sub-specialist team. Others will be cared for by primary care teams, or sometimes by adult palliative medicine teams.The unique significance of this handbook is its capacity to facilitate practical bedside delivery of effective palliative medicine to children by professionals who have t trained or had experience of caring for the dying child.
- Author BiographySatbir Jassal has been a full time General Practitioner for 19 years. He has written and edited the Rainbows Symptom Control Manual and co-authored Paediatric Palliative Care Guidelines for Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire Cancer Network. He is editor of Paed Pall Lit, an international abstract journal on paediatric palliative care. He is a lecturer for the Cardiff University diploma in Paediatrics Palliative Medicine and is a Trustee on the board for ACT and a non-executive member of the board at Rainbows Children's Hospice. His main interests are in education and in improving the standards of care in children's hospices, hospitals and the wider community.
- Author(s)Richard Hain,Satbir Singh Jassal
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- FormatPart-work (fasc�lo)
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialist Handbooks in Paediatrics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date19/08/2016
- Content Note4 black and white illustrations
- Weight192 g
- Width104 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsPlastic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.