Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionA unique voice among contemporary American poets, John Matthias has compiled here a major new collection, his first volume of poetry since the publication in 1995 of his retrospective collections of shorter and longer poems. Divided into three sections, Pages begins with thirty short poems that range in subject from Ovid and Akhmatova to remembered friends and family. The second part is the experimental and expansive title section, engaging a sometimes humorous and sometimes horrifying sequence of contradictions and n sequiturs. The final section of the volume is a poetic pastiche of letters, journals, poems, and scientific literatures of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries having to do with botany, botanical drawing, voyages of exploration, and related concerns. Propelled by an unyielding rhythmic energy and the juxtaposition of disparate elements, Matthias again demonstrates the force of his poetic impulse but with a greater formal variety and a wider range of subject than ever before.
- Author(s)John Matthias
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwallow Press
- Weight499 g
- Width159 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.