All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPain Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses guides readers through the important concepts of animal pain management, providing specific approaches to managing pain in a wide variety of veterinary conditions. Emphasizing the technician's role in advocating for the patient, the book equips technicians with the kwledge needed to manage pain in dogs, cats, horses, livestock, exotics, and zoo animals. Logically and comprehensively covering this difficult subject, Pain Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses provides both introductory material on the tenets of pain management and specific techniques to apply in the clinical setting. With information on recognizing and understanding pain, the physiology of pain, pharmacology, and analgesia in different settings, the book outlines how to practice good pain management as an integral part of nursing care. Pain Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses provides both basic and advanced information, allowing students, practicing veterinary technicians and nurses, and veterinary staff alike to take a more active role in pain management and develop a more thorough understanding of this complex subject.
- Author BiographyMary Ellen Goldberg, BS, LVT, CVT, SRA, CCRA, is an instructor of Anesthesia and Pain Management at VetMedTeam, LLC. She is on the Board of Directors and Executive Secretary of the International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management and a charter technician member of the American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians. Nancy Shaffran, CVT, VTS (ECC), is an international professional veterinary educator with an extensive background in critical care and pain management. She is a charter member and past president of the Academy of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Technicians and is president elect of the International Academy of Veterinary Pain Management.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight950 g
- Width196 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byMary Ellen Goldberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.