All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPainting and drawing are key artistic expressions which play an important role in children's physical, emotional and spiritual development. This comprehensive teachers' manual provides a complete artistic curriculum for Classes One to Eight in Steiner-Waldorf schools (age six to fourteen). At each stage, the book demonstrates the skills that teachers can help children to develop. There are 280 practical exercises for teachers to use, and over 800 drawings and paintings as inspiring examples of artistic possibilities. The curriculum moves from free drawing, to guided colour exercises, to precise perspective drawing. The exercises draw on elements of the Steiner-Waldorf curriculum at appropriate ages, incorporating themes from fables and legends, the Old Testament, Norse mythology, animals, Ancient Greece and botany. Throughout, the author draws on art theory and shows that art is truly a universal language. The book is also suitable for adult self-study.
- Author BiographyThomas Wildgruber was born in Germany in 1946. He studied philosophy, political science and journalism. He was a research assistant in the field of international development and politics, and subsequently trained as a Waldorf teacher in Mannheim. Since 1979 he has been a Waldorf class teacher, and craft and art teacher. His encounter with the painter Lajos Boros led to efforts to develop art education out of the 'pictorial resources'. He gives courses to teachers on the theme of 'Painting with rules of play'.
- Author(s)Thomas Wildgruber
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Note800 colour illustrations
- Weight1499 g
- Width210 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byMatthew Barton
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.