All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.23
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.53
About this product
- DescriptionIndependent Publisher Outstanding Book of the Year IPPY Award 2015 Missouri Selection for Library of Congress National Book Festival After months of tension something appeared on the streets of Ferguson that hadnt been seen for a long time HOPE. Through poetry and art, award wining PAINTING FOR PEACE IN FERGUSON tells the true story of hundreds of artists and volunteers who turned boarded up windows into works of art with messages of hope, healing and unity in the aftermath of the Ferguson, MO riots. Written in verse, the book focuses on the way the community came together to begin the healing process through the Paint for Peace effort. Using illustration and photographs of the art and the artists --black and white, young and old--the book is a tool for beginning the conversation with children about how we all have something to contribute to healing our communities. As the last line in the book says, The work is t finished, there's much more to be done. But this art shows the spirit of a new Ferguson. Profits from book sales are being reinvested in the Ferguson community.
- Author BiographyA journalist and marketing professional by training, Carol Swartout Klein grew up in Ferguson, MO, and was so inspired by witnessing the spirit of hundreds of volunteers coming together to bring hope to a community in shock that she wanted to capture the story and the art for posterity. Painting for Peace in Ferguson is a book that helps begin conversations with children and that inspires adults. In producing the book, Klein hopes that the connections formed between artists, business owners, and community members will be honored and strengthened.
- Author(s)Carol Swartout Klein
- PublisherTreehouse Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTreehouse Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight484 g
- Width278 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.