All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book delineates the role that Pakistan should play in the largely anarchic world of the twenty-first century in order to best serve the country's long-term national interests. Its main aim is to lay down the parameters within which Pakistan's grand strategy should be formulated, taking into account the evolving global and regional security environment and Pakistan's historical experience. Provided here is an in-depth analysis and critical evaluation of the past record of Pakistan's foreign policy within this context, bringing out its successes and failures, strengths and weaknesses. Based on these analyses, a comprehensive approach is recommended for safeguarding Pakistan's national security and promoting its prosperity utilizing a strategy that is a marked departure from the military-dominated, uni-dimensional policies the country has followed thus far. Besides providing guidelines to Pakistan's policy makers and intelligentsia, this book will be of interest to academics, foreign observers, and general readers in understanding the constraints and parameters within which Pakistan - a de facto nuclear-weapon state of 190 million people at the cross-roads of South Asia, Central Asia, and the Persian Gulf - must operate to safeguard its national interests in the turbulent times ahead.
- Author BiographyJavid Husain is a Visiting Research Scholar at the South Asia Institute of the University of Texas at Austin, USA, and is a former Ambassador of Pakistan to the Netherlands, South Korea, and Iran. During his 37-year long diplomatic career, he served at diplomatic assignments in several important capitals including Paris, New York, Beijing, The Hague, Seoul, Tehran, and Washington, D.C. Since his retirement in 2004, he has kept himself busy writing on foreign policy and international issues besides delivering lectures at Universities and think tanks.
- Author(s)Javid Husain
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note3 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight426 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.