All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores Pakistan from different vantage points. It examines a variety of events in contemporary Pakistan through a comprehensive analysis of identity and power politics; media landscapes; military recruitment; role of madrassahs; terrorism and militancy; civil war as well as outlines future trajectories. It studies themes such as Pakistan's relationship with India, the legacy of Jinnah, gender and fundamentalism, urbanisation, unrest that have plagued the rthern areas. It further looks at the nation after the capture of Osama bin Laden and the changing nature of its relation with the US in its aftermath. Including contributions from experts in the field and policy-makers across the world, this volume will interest scholars and researchers on Pakistan studies, politics, and international relations. It will also appeal to government think tanks and the general reader.
- Author BiographyRavi Kalia is Professor of History at the City College of New York and specializes in South Asian studies. He is designated as Distinguished Role Model by the Asian Alumni Group and is recipient of the Distinguished Service Award by the City College of New York.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRavi Kalia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.