All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionAblaze with intellectual and social change, Paris in the 1830s and 1840s beckons to two English brothers-Frederick and Charles Courtland, an architect and a priest-each of whom is struggling for self-definition and social recognition. Of their lives and this world Sennett has made a remarkable work of fiction that transports the reader into nineteenth century Europe and into the nature and inconsistencies of culture and faith, and the way each is shaped by the passage of time.
- Author BiographyRichard Sennett's books include The Corrosion of Character, Flesh and Stone, and Respect. He was the founding director of the New York Institute for the Humanities and now teaches sociology at New York University and at the London School of Economics.
- Author(s)Richard Sennett
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/03/1995
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.