About this product
- DescriptionPale Henry is the story of a young boy who has spent his whole life hidden away in his attic, afraid to go outside to play with the other children. Henry is gaunt and sickly from his head to his feet, haggard and thin and as white as a sheet. He spends all day staring longingly from his attic window, dreaming of playing in the sun with the local boys and girls. His only company is his pet cat and the spiders and moths that live in the attic. The Tiny Twisted Tales are a collection of short stories and poems from the rather strange mind of UK author and illustrator, Calvin Innes. Each Tiny Twisted Tale is a wonderfully macabre story about weird, scary, wonderfully gruesome characters, from people who eat bugs, to tiny toga-wearing goblins. Each book is packed with dozens of Calvin's quirky illustrations. The Tiny Twisted Tales each have a moral to teach the reader, wrapped up in a silly, twisted, creepy and funny way. A short, humorous rhyming story about a boy who is afraid to go outside to play with the other children who live on his street. He has spent his whole life hidden away in the dark, dusty loft with friends other than his pet cat. The book shows children to make an effort to make friends and to play with others, but also to t worry about being different or a little strange. You are who you are and you should be proud of it. The book is intended to encourage children to be themselves, even if it's t how everybody else around them is.
- Author BiographyCalvin Innes is a popular, award winning (Forward National Literature Award 2012) UK children's illustrator who has worked regularly with Cadbury's, Nestle, The Brownies, Girl Guides, Rainbow Guides, RSPB, London Zoo, Sony and many more over the last decade. He has illustrated over twenty books, worked on advertising for the Smurfs movie & Slush Puppies and has worked on everything from books & comics, to toys and video games. His quirky and humorous illustrations have gained him fans worldwide. He writes and illustrates books for children of all ages, with a focus on spooky, scary, macabre and humorous stories. Described as 'One of the best in the business' by the Sheffield Star Newspaper, Calvin has been featured in numerous newspapers, magazines and on ITVs Daybreak program talking about his work as an author and illustrator. He regularly teaches children (aged 4-14) around the UK drawing skills and gives advice on creative writing.
- Author(s)Calvin Innes
- PublisherMy Little Big Town
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTiny Twisted Tales
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationHessle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMy Little Big Town
- Content Note36 Black and white
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Calvin Innes
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.79Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $46.09Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.23Trending at AU $41.07
- AU $26.08Trending at AU $27.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.