All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIsrael-Palestine in the Print News Media: Contending Discourses is concerned with conceptions of language, kwledge, and thought about political conflict in the Middle East in two national news media communities: the United States and the United Kingdom. Arguing for the existence of national perspectives which are constructed, distributed, and reinforced in the print news media, this study provides a detailed linguistic analysis of print news media coverage of four recent events in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in order to examine ideological patterns present in print news media coverage. The two news communities are compared for lexical choices in news stories about the conflict, attribution of agency in the discussion of conflict events, the inclusion or exclusion of historical context in explanations of the conflict, and reliance upon essentialist elements during and within print representations of Palestine-Israel. The book also devotes space to first-hand testimony from journalists with extensive experience covering the conflict from within both news media institutions. Unifying various avenues of academic enquiry reflecting upon the acquisition of information and the development of kwledge, this book will be of interest to those seeking a new approach to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
- Author BiographyLuke Peterson completed his doctoral studies at King's College, Cambridge investigating language, news media, and discourse surrounding the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. His current research includes analysis of the conflict within the context of global, economic neoliberalism.
- Author(s)Luke Peterson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.